We have been home a week now

We've been home from Mayo almost a week now.

I miss it already.

I miss the professional friendliness, the transparency of medical records, doctor's notes and the seamless way the system works administratively. I miss waiting "standby" to get in when we need to get in, and I miss the maximum allowed family members in the clinic. It's a crammed space here. I miss the overall seriousness that we have a kid who is sick enough to be in the said space to begin with. And I miss people looking me in the eye to talk to me = not a computer screen while we discuss why we are here and what happens next.

What happens next?

We wait 3 weeks for a test. And then we wait some more.

Because as usual, Gerard doesn't "look" sick on the outside.

Except they can't see that he's blistered and sunburned under his t-shirt. Because the sun penetrates the sunscreen and the tee and he burns because of the medication he takes. All before 9:30 am.

Two layers of rash guards coming up!

To be continued...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a year

Premiere: from the bottom