The talk


Having the kind of talk we had today is not something I've ever prepared for, even under our circumstances of "sick" mode over the past year. We leave for Mayo tomorrow, and Gerard has been so very tired since his chemotherapy treatment. He sleeps a lot. His time awake is spent going full blast - and he's wearing himself right out. Here's why...

G-ism of the day:
G: Mom, what would you do if I died, right now, today?
Me: I would be very, very sad. And I would think that God must need you more than I need you right now, today. (Tearing up, gulp). What would you do if I dided today?
G: I'm not sure I could live without you. I would miss you too much. I would be so sad. Let's not talk about this right now, OK?
Me: OK. Is there anything else you wanted to ask me?
G: I'm going to take a rest now. If that's OK. Please wake me up in an hour. OK?
Me: OK. That's a great idea.

I think the "birds and the bees" talk will be so much easier than this)... Leaving early morning for Mayo. We will keep you updated as we can. I cannot reply to text messages regarding this issue. Please understand. I'm sure you wouldn't either. However, letting me know you care is always good, regardless of the method. Thank you all again for your continued prayers, messages of love and support of all sorts. We love you all. And we will be just fine. God bless all of you. Believers or not.

If you'd like to support financially, there is a Go Fund Me page set up. https://www.gofundme.com/helpforgerard

As a good friend told me this morning, "We all must take care of one another. Or what's left?" She's so right. She's so right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's been a year

Premiere: from the bottom